This course is for those who have already taken part in a diving program through a diving organization, but have not completed it with a diving certificate (SUBEX Diver, CMAS 1*, SSI or PADI Open Water Diver). These include, for example, the familiarisation programme SUBEX Fun Diver, VDST Basic Diver, but also the SSI or PADI Scuba Diver.
Also suitable for the course are those who have already completed their theoretical Open Water Diver training with a diving organization, such as SSI/PADI or VDST, but still have to complete the practical training. Participants in this course have completed less than 15 dives in total and have only acquired basic knowledge.
With the final dive training to the SUBEX Diver the level of a CMAS 1* (SSI OWD) is reached. The training is completed with the CMAS 1* diving certificate and, if desired, the SSI OWD.
The course is open to anyone with FUN Diver, Scuba Diver, VDST Basic Diving Certificate or CMAS 1* OWD certification. The student should be able to prove at least 2 open water dives or 4 dives in the pool, as well as the successful completion of the previous program or the dive theory of the started course.
If the student has already proven that he has taken the Open Water Diver OWD theoretical exam at SSI or PADI, then he can do the practical exercises and complete the diving certificate through this final dive training. In this case the theoretical lessons are abbreviated, the course consists of 5 and not 4 dives.
The diving instructor is only there for you and can attend to your individual wishes and needs even better.
- Duration 2,5 days
- 4 dives that are all about trust, breathing, helping and safety.
- In 5 theory units the topics ecology, diving material, anatomy, physics, diving accidents and dive calculation are treated
- For participants who can provide proof of completion of theory lessons at a diving organization, such as PADI or SSI, a 5th dive will be conducted under the topic “Experience” instead of the theory units Anatomy, Physics, Diving Accidents and Dive Calculation.
- Complete diving equipment including dive computer, which is standard at SUBEX
- SUBEX Diver Brevet and CMAS * (optional certification with SSI Open Water Diver on request, for a fee)
- Transport to the dive sites
- SUBEX Logbook and Training Carnet
- SUBEX Member Card, which guarantees discounts on later benefits
- course materials
Requirements & More Info & Children Diving
- On request, SUBEX can also certify as SSI Open Water Diver in addition to CMAS.
- Prerequisite for participation is good health and a minimum age of 12 years. Previous knowledge of diving is the SUBEX FUN Diver or an equivalent degree, for example the SSI Scuba Diver and/or a referral certificate from SSI or PADI.
- Children’s courses are separate from adult courses in order to best meet the needs of the youngest. These are always and exclusively carried out taking into account the physical and psychological development of the child or young person. The diving depths and times are designed accordingly.
- Regular price (without prepayment discount) on site: 690 CHF /575 €
- If you would like to take a course with a small group (4 participants max.) you can book the Upgrade to SUBEX Diver course.