At SUBEX we dive with air28, a light nitrox mixture for which divers do not have to complete an extra course.
The background is that the dive computers remain set to mix 21% oxygen. Thus the SUBEX divers only experience an increased safety, while they are still allowed to dive up to the sport diving limit of 40 meters. They do not extend their bottom time during the dive.
If you want to extend your bottom time during the dive and minimize the risk of nitrogen anaesthesia with the Nitrox mixtures 32 or 36, you should have a Nitrox diving licence that will enable you to dive safely and healthily with the changed oxygen-nitrogen ratio.
Get trained as a Nitrox diver and enjoy the advantages of an increased oxygen content when diving!
The aim of the special course is to analyse the Nitrox mixture, to plan the dive, especially with regard to depth and duration, the zero time limit and the maximum operating depth with the changed gas mixture.
To plan, perform and complete the dives correctly, the breathing minute volume is discussed again, the air consumption is calculated, the minimum air reserve, the maximum depth and the bottom time before the dive is determined.
- 5 theoretical briefing and debriefing sessions: Introduction to Nitrox diving, physics and physiology, equipment for nitrox diving, gas logistics and planning of nitrox dives.
- CMAS/VDST Certificate Nitrox
Requirements & More Info
- Teaching materials will of course be provided for all specialties.
- With just three more specialties, your SSI Open Water Diver becomes an SSI Advanced Open Water Diver.
- Prerequisite for participation in an SSI Specialty Program is’an Open Water or Junior Open Water certification from SSI or another recognized training organization such as PADI OWD or CMAS*.
- Recommendation: We recommend at least the booking of a 6 dive package, so that the learned skills can also be trained.